Friday, January 17, 2014

Interview (16) - let me introduce you to Kornelia

I am Kornelia Franciszka, 23 years old polish girl. I study Tourism at the University of Physical Education in Poznań, Poland. Everyday come to my mind some crazy ideas of travel or just get away trips. I collect experiences and knowledge instead of things. The most important rule in my live is: work hard and you will get what you want, sooner or later- but you will get it! “Anything worth having is worth working hard for”. Open minded, prefer to listen and observe everything around. I help my dreams come true, so far it has worked. Happy, in love with travel and the feeling of freedom. When you are happy, you have some passion, you are full of energy- and people notice it! They want to be with you, so keep going! ;)



  1. What was your inspiration or the event/idea that made you want to travel?
It was on the first year of my study, I went to Spain with my friend and when I saw all this amazing things around me- I decided, that I have to get to know such a beautiful places and put some energy to my life.
  1. What was your first travel experience?
Actually I don’t remember…I was a scout so there were a lot of weekend trips like going to sailing club or just sleeping in the forest with another scouts. Thanks to my parents I became independent very fast…
  1. Have you ever felt lonely travelling solo?
My first long travel was when I was 21. I spent 3 months abroad, I didn’t know well spanish, I was totally alone. Firstly I felt a little bit lonely and upset. But this is the official beginning of travelling solo, of getting to know myself and finally enjoy the time.

  1.  What was your best travel experience?
Hitchhiking alone around the Poland. I had to be at arranged time in a city 500 km far away. I didn’t have enough time to go by train, because I fell asleep, so hitchhiking was faster. Five minutes before the meeting I was at the point! I did it!
  1.  Is there anything you would have done differently/ any regrets, if you could do it over again?
I would have not take so much clothes to my bag. It is to heavy and unnecessary.
  1. Where will you never return to?
To the Italy…alone. With company, of course!
  1.  What are your future travel plans?
Every month I try to get away for a few days. For the near future I will visit Berlin, Dresden, some towns in England and some cities in Poland.

  1. What are your top three tips for women traveling solo?
Be self-confident, kind and always keep smiling!
  1. What would you tell women who are looking to travel alone but worry about their safety?
If you try once, you will never stop! You will get more confident, more safe and responsible for yourself.
  1. Couchsurfing..what do you think about that?
The best experience I have ever had! You can meet people from all parts of the world. Cooking pasta with Italians, reading fairy tales for Spanish kids, playing games and just talking with these nice people- priceless!!!

  1. How do you pay for a life of travel?
Look at the introduction of myself. First- work hard, then enjoy! ;)


  1. Tell us about the best food you have ever eaten on your travels?
Hand- made spanish paella, very spicy Hungarian gulash.

  1. What is the most breathtaking view you have ever witnessed on your travels
Tarifa beach, Spain. Amazing views! I will come back there…my paradise!

  1. What do you miss about your home when you go traveling?
The everyday view of my parents, the smell of the house and my siblings- they are always making fun of me, but I like it ;)

  1. What item will you always carry in your backpack?
My camara, hand cream, sunglasses and map!

  1. Who was the kindest or most generous person you met on your travels, and what did they do?
The pilot of exclusive airlines- Norwegian man, who helped us in Spain on a hitchhiking trip- he covered like 150 km more to get us safe home!




  1. What have you learned from travelling?
During my all my travels I have ever had I have learnt that you can get whatever you dream about. That everything is possible! I was looking for a sense of my live, some goal…and I got it! Sometimes loosing yourself, helps you to find right way. And the most universal method is: always keep smiling. I also appreciate that I noticed that I don’t need things. The best things are invisible!

  1. Who inspires you? What other travellers do you look up to?

The first person was Natalia Gomolińska, friend of mine, also travelling alone, very crazy and smart girl. Also my very good friend Marek Zator gives my energy and power to realize my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Kornelia Franciszka, una chica guapa por dentro y por fuera. Fuerte y capaz de todo!! En España siempre tendrás a tu familia :))

    ReplyDelete