Saturday, May 24, 2014

Interview (32) - Tanya

Hi my name is Tanya,  I currently live in Delhi and I work with Vodafone, India. Travel is a drug for me, it’s like a medicine my body requires to heal itself from time to time. As you read through you shall know why.

  1. How / when did you catch the travel bug?The bug hit me as a young kid as I had the chance of traveling quite a bit with my family, however pursued it as a passion when I was a graduation student.
  1. What’s your preferred type of travel- destinations, type of accommodation, activities, length of trip, and so on? Why the preference? I have travelled to various vivid destination and who doesn’t love any destination as long as you get to travel, as travel more I have come to realization that mountains and reading cultures is what I love the most, budget traveling coupled with getting closer to the local way of living at every place is a perfect way of choosing an accommodation. Length of my trips could vary from 3 to 30 days. Being closest to heights and nature, backpacking, trekking is what I enjoy the most.
  1. What was your first travel experience? Truly don’t remember.
  1. What do you like best about your traveling life? That I manage to travel and the way I enjoy it the most.
  1.  Could you please tell us about one or two of your very best trips and what made them so great? Two is a tough choice, the first one was when I traveled alone for the first time which was to Norbulinka, Himchal Pradesh, India, traveling alone is one of the most beautiful feelings which everyone must experience, once you travel alone it is actually overcoming all your fears all by yourself, it makes you a stronger person, I trekked through the hills, visited Buddhist monasteries ate local delicacies and my only companion was my camera. I will let the second go since there are too many on that count.
  1. Are there any places in the world or special trips that you’re just dying to visit / take? Again too many to be listed, but dying to go on a road trip to Europe and Amsterdam being the Final point, Go for a month long adventure holiday to New Zealand, and visit Lhasa, Tibet.
  1. How do you fund your travels? Through my income savings.
  1. What are your 3 favorite countries, and why do you love them so much? My favorite country would be India, since its home and it is truly a beautiful country, Followed by New Zealand because of the outdoor life and adventure activities along with being so close to nature. Last would be Netherlands because of the culture and the people, there hospitality and the warmth the place gives.

  1. Are there any places you hate/ never want to visit again / do not recommend to other travelers? If so, where and what’s the turn off? There is no place which is a turn off, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but you definitely must know your turn ons very well to enjoy each destination. However Goa, India I would not like to visit again, reasons would be the culture changes happening there because of being a very popular tourist destination.
  2. Have you been in any seriously scary, dangerous, nerve-wracking situations when you feared for your health, safety, or your lives? If so, please tell us about one of them. While trekking in the Himalayas specially when the glaciers haven’t melted!
  1. What are your favorite foreign cuisines and why do you love them? I am a foodie. I completely enjoy all kinds of cuisines.
  1. Is there anything you would have done differently/ any regrets, if you could do it over again? Regret is always to not be able to travel more as much as you would like to. However, incase you are traveling with someone you must choose your travel buddies very carefully since they can make or break your trips.
  1. What’s the strangest situation you have found yourself in? That was in Milano, Italy when I was checked by cops just walking on the streets, it was quire unfriendly and racist.
  1. What are your top three tips for other travelers? The first would be just travel when you have the chance and I think that’s the only advice.
  1. Couchsurfing..what do you think about that? It’s a brilliant platform.
  1. Tell us about the best food you have ever eaten on your travels? The best food will have to go to pataya, Thailan, the fresh seafood cooked in local spices, heaven!
  1. What is the most breathtaking view you have ever witnessed on your travels The most breathtaking views have been from top of mountains or under the ocean. Himalayas and the snow peaked swiss apls are mesmerism and and the most breathtaking city would be Amsterdam for the rich history and amazing culture both under the same roof.
  1. What do you miss about your home when you go traveling? Really? Absolutely nothing
  1. What item will you always carry in your backpack? Correct amount of comfortable clothing, my travel kit with basic medicines, extra pair of socks, my camera and a swiss army knife.
  1. Who was the kindest or most generous person you met on your travels, and what did they do? Everyone I met has been very kind to me, right from bus drivers to people who fed me, to every soul I came across.
  1. What have you learned from travelling? I have learned to find myself everytime I loose direction, be a happy person, and life actually begins when you move out of your comfort zone, And once you are out of the comfort zone, you don’t want to come back to it.
  1. Who inspires you? What other travellers do you look up to? Every traveler inspires me and I admire every person who travels. Mountains inspire me, I wish to climb the highest peaks some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment